Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter (April 23 & 24)

As per our usual German tradition on Saturday before Easter we picked flowers for our Easter nest.  The flower choices were slim pickings and we ended up with one very sad looking bluebonnet. Warning, long post with lots of pictures.

Picking our flowers for the nest

 Building the nest
 Our one VERY sad bluebonnet!
 The cutest boy I've ever seen.
 How sweet and happy
 I just love this face

When you wake up on Easter morning the bunny (who lives at Pop's barn) has broght some gifts for you in the nest and some real eggs.  The Easter bunny only brings real, dyed eggs and later we do a hunt with the cousins with plastic eggs.

Gavin with his nest after the Easter bunny came.

One of the items in his nest (will show up in another post soon)

What a smart Eater Bunny! 

 Dad had to help get the one out of the tree!

 Found one.

Riding bikes with Owen while Uncle Mike watches.

 More eggs
 How do I get up there?
 Got it!
 Help me get down.
 We got them all.
 Gavin and I made this cake.

Isn't it cute?  It was tasty too thanks to Fluffy's icing.

Hope you all had a HOPPY Easter!

No comments: