Wednesday, September 1, 2010

33rd Birthday

Since today is my 33rd birthday I thought I’d write a list of 33 things you might not know about me (I got this idea from another blog I read).


1. The day that changed my life the most was June 15, 2008. This is the day I became a mom and my life has never been the same. (It was also Father’s day that year; I got Bjorn the best gift ever!)

2. The second biggest day of my life was March 3, 2001. On this day I met a cute looking guy wearing a wig at a disco party. We married on June 21, 2003 but for me the day we meet changed the course of my life forever.

3. I did a study abroad when I was in college and still have friends from that trip.

4. I love to travel and have a dream of going to Antarctica—I know not a place on most peoples’ must see list. (I also really want to go to Greece)

5. When I was pregnant with Gavin I had heartburn so bad I would drool.

6. I was the 1995 Comal County Fair Rodeo Queen.

7. I LOVE to read and I am a speed reader with very good comprehension.

8. I have traveled to the following countries: Mexico, Canada, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Costa Rica.

9. I am a Certified Human Resource Professional and I’m only one class away from being a Certified Compensation Professional.

10. Bjorn and I are both only children, so I really hope that Gavin won’t be.

11. I hope to one day own a convertible again (I traded mine in so I could get a mom car).

12. I love the lake, I don’t wakeboard as much as I use to. But you can hardly beat a boat ride on a nice day.

13. If I ever win the lotto the first thing I will do is buy a lake house.

14. I like buying gifts for people, especially when you find the perfect gift.

15. I absolutely hate paying shipping charges.

16. I have had the same best friend since the 3rd grade.

17. I don’t like seafood. That’s right I don’t like fish, shrimp or even lobster.

18. I love sleeping.

19. If you read this blog, you probably already know this, but I donated 50 gallons of “mommy milk” to the Mother’s Milk Bank in Austin.

20. Bjorn and went on our first date to Square One in downtown Bryan, TX.

21. I think I might be addicted to Groupon.

22. I pretty much wear the same earnings everyday—Bjorn got them for me when I graduated from Grad school—almost 8 years ago.

23. I drink a LOT of tea—like usually 64 ounces a day.

24. My desk has been clean at work for over a month. This is a small miracle.

25. I LOVE sauerkraut.

26. In my opinion the iPhone is one of the best inventions ever!

27. I want to learn to make Chicken Piccata- really good Chicken Piccata.

28. I’m one of those weird people who LOVED being pregnant. If I was younger I would consider being a surrogate- I loved it that much. I liked everything about it (except maybe the heartburn).

29. I always host the Easter holiday at my house.

30. My favorite ice cream is Mint Chocolate Chip.

31. I dunked my Aggie ring on the back porch of the Dixie Chicken. I’d have to verify but I am pretty sure my time was like 98 seconds.

32. I’m off from work today.

33. It took me a month to come up with all of these things!

1 comment:

Meredith Sisoian said...

I think this is such a great idea...and some of these things I didn’t even know, so that made it even more fun to read:) Thanks for the distraction from work as well, now what to do with the other 300 minutes of my day!!!