Saturday, September 18, 2010

Valero Family Day (9-18-10)

For the past couple of years my company, Valero Energy, has rented out the entire Fiesta Texas park.  That's right- we have the park to ourselves!  Now including the 2 refineries, retirees, kids there are almost 8,000 people there.  But, there are NO lines for any of the rides.  Bjorn couldn't go with me because he was working, so Gavin and I took Owen with us.  These 2 boys had so much fun together.  They really liked riding the rides and just playing together.  I took quite a few pictures!

Waiting to get in the gate:


Riding the Big Red Car in the Wiggles area:

 Watch out crazy driver!

Playing on the pirate ship:


Riding on the high flying fruit salad:

 From this one you can kind of tell how high we are:

Ferris Wheel- Jamie rode with Gavin and I rode with Owen:


They had to ride this one twice- once in the engine and once in the caboose:
(G was yelling "ALL ABOARD")


Playing Ring around the Rosie:

They bumped their heads together when the "all fall down"

One last picture on the big train that goes all the way around the park before we headed to lunch:

 Then after lunch we had to head out since it started raining.  They both fell asleep in the car because they were worn out!  Actually I could have used a nap too!  It really was so much fun and they had such a blast!

No comments: