We had a really nice Labor Day weekend. Crazy Uncle Derrick and Aunt Tiffany came to visit for the weekend, and it seem like it had been so long since we had seen them. Bjorn was really happy to see his girlfriend, I mean Derrick. They stayed up until 3 every night. Saturday we floated the Comal river, and it wasn’t actually that crowded and we had a good time (some of us- namely me- had too much of a good time). Jason and Lindsay and Jason’s sister and brother-in-law and a few of their friends also floated with us. Needless to say by the time we got home I wasn’t able to go the Charlie Robinson concert, but Derrick, Tiffany and Bjorn went and they had a good time. Sunday morning I went and picked up Gavin from my parents and we hung out the rest of the day. That evening we had a bunch of people over for some brats that we had made Greg style. Here’s who came: Jen, Jeromy, Scout, Sophie, Zack, Maria, Alex and Megan (plus all of us). Gavin played so well with the 3 girls- he didn’t throw one fit that somebody was playing with his stuff; in fact he didn’t say “mine” one time. I was really proud of him. Derrick and Tiffany left Monday morning and I know that Bjorn was sad to see Derrick go, but we will see them next month again!
In the afternoon we went to see the circus in the afternoon. If you saw the previous post you saw how much fun Gavin had! It’s was a good reminder that when you are a kid sometimes something so simple can be so fun and fascinating. I say this, because this was by far not the Ringling Brother circus. It was small, the costumes and acts weren’t very good, but Gavin LOVED it. He like the music and all of the clapping, so as circus performance go it was pretty bad, but ranks up there with some of my most amazing days! I just loved seeing him so happy and excited. Enjoy the pictures!
With Dad before it started.
Even a picture of me (I do NOT like having my picture taken)
None of the pictures turned out that well because of the pipes and fencing in front of us.
The circus dogs:
The circus dogs:
The "Acrobats":
Not sure what you would call these ladies, I guess acrobats as well?
I guess this would be "The Guy with Good Balance":
The ponies (each had a different color mane and tail):
The Elephants (this was the best part of the whole circus):
Motorcycle guys:
And finally the best part of the whole day:
Bjorn's face is hilarious in this one....
My cutie:
So much fun:
And even since I already posted this picture, I'm going to post it again because it is my favorite!
Can't you just see the joy and excitement in his face!
I do wish I would have snapped a few pictures with Crazy Uncle Derrick, Aunt Tiffany, and everybody else we saw that weekend, but like usualy I didn't think of taking any pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment